Registration: you’ll get the link once registered in your meetup group. Join via one of these groups:
This is an online event for WordPress meetups groups and WordCamps located in Switzerland. Participants will get a Zoom link. It will be facilitated by a member of the WordPress #wpdiversity team, more info here: https://make.wordpress.org/community/handbook/meetup-organizer/event-formats/diversity-speaker-training-workshop/
For people who identify as being from a marginalised or underrepresented group in terms of gender (women, non-binary, trans, etc.), race, class, sexuality, ability, age, etc. and for event organisers.
Join us for a workshop in a fun format: an Interactive, Transformational Watch Party! We will watch a video on Learn WordPress and pause the video to do the transformative, engaging exercises together live.
Does the thought of speaking at one of our meetups or WordCamps intrigue you? This is a workshop for people from marginalized and underrepresented groups who are thinking about speaking at a meetup or WordCamp. The focus of this hands-on session is to look at what has stopped you from speaking in the past and explore how to move past your fears, generate WordPress-related topics to give a talk on, boost your speaking confidence, and allow you to practice speaking in a safe space. At the end of the workshop, you will have a few ideas for talks that the community wants to hear!
***You do NOT have to have any experience in public speaking. This workshop is for all levels of experience.***
This workshop is for you if:
– You identify as being from a marginalised or underrepresented group in terms of gender, race, class, sexuality, ability, age, etc.
– You’ve thought about speaking at meetups or WordCamps but haven’t been able to think of a topic
– You think you don’t know anything worth speaking about
All Meetup and WordCamp organisers in our region are also invited to both participate in the exercises and to support the attendees.
We will cover:
– Why speak at WordPress events?
– Dispelling some myths about speakers/speaking
– Coming up with topics and choosing one
Be prepared to participate interactively! There will be an invitation to:
– Chat about the material we are watching in the Zoom text chat
– Work in small breakout rooms on the video exercises together and receive live coaching from mentors and attendees. (You can also always say “Pass” to opt-out of participating at any time.)
Organisers, you will be invited to give feedback on the attendees’ topics from the exercises.
This unique, interactive Watch Party format will be facilitated by members of the #WPDiversity Speaker Training group from the WordPress Community Team.
Please plan to arrive a few minutes early so that we can start on time.
– You will be able to turn Live Transcript on.
– Everything on the slides will be read aloud.
If you have more Accessibility needs, please let us know.